Welcome to the Village at Mount Hope Bay. This page was created to guide you to information you need to get settled at the Village at Mount Hope Bay. The Village’s web site is a great resource for new and existing residents! The web site is ever-changing and updated regularly. Visit often to learn what’s going on.
CHECKLIST FOR NEW RESIDENTS
If applicable new residents must complete:
- Driver License – Within thirty (30) days of moving to Rhode Island and establishing residency, you must obtain a Rhode Island Operator’s License as required by state law (§ Section 31-10-1).DMV of RI License Transfer
- Vehicle Registration- Within 30 days of moving to Rhode Island you must obtain a new title and registration for your vehicle.DMV of RI Vehicle Registration
- Post Office – Change your address using the US Postal Service Address Change Form
- Voter Registration – If you wish to register to vote in Rhode Island you must submit a Rhode Island Voter Registration Form. Rhode Island Voter Information Center contains the “Register to Vote” form as well as directions for finding a polling place.
- Trash Collection
- Trash and recyclable collection is on Wednesdays. Tiverton residents are required to use maroon “Pay As You Throw” trash bags which are available at select stores around Tiverton such as Tom’s Market and Rite Aid. Trash pickup is delayed one day for federal and state holidays. For a complete list of holidays and other trash information see the following link. Town of Tiverton, Rhode Island: Trash and Recycling
- Mid-Rise residents are exempt from buying the “Pay As You Throw” trash bags as their trash is collected by a private firm.
- Maintenance Request – If you have a work order or maintenance request, please send your request to the Property Manager, Meghan Ostroff at, firstname.lastname@example.org. Meghan will also explain how to register for the First Realty Management Portal.
- Insurance Information – Take a moment to review the 2019-2020 Property Policy Memo to ensure you are aware of the information it contains regarding your property’s insurance. Note that the Master Policy does not cover your household possessions and any additions to the standard units. These should be covered by your HO6 policy. 2019-2020 Property Policy Memo
- E-ZPass – To apply for or transfer an E-ZPass transponder see the web site for the Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority
- Residents List – To obtain a copy of the Residents List, please send an email to the Property Manager, Meghan Ostroff.
- Tiverton Code Red System – Tiverton is a part of a Code Red system that sends out emergency and other messages via text, phone, and email to town residents. You may sign-up for this service at the following link: Code Red Web .
More information about the Code Red system is available on the Tiverton town website.
WEB PAGES OF INTEREST
- Community College of Rhode Island Online Courses
- The Second Half Life Long Learning Institute
- The web site of the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
- Tiverton Public Library
- The web site of the town of Tiverton, Rhode Island
- Community Resources Page – a comprehensive list of Community Resources
In addition to reaching out to welcome new residents, VMHB Welcoming Committee members wish to serve as a resource for information about our community. Please feel free to contact the committee chair:
Chair: Peggy Schreiner